Sunday, October 17, 2010

Research

Before I began, I did a little research to see what other people had created.
Here are some pics...












Hmmm, so that last one is a little too sexy-time for my liking, but it's pretty close to the vault suit from the original game, which was a little more... tight-fighting.

I want to make a suit that is authentic but takes a few liberties to make it cooler (or, to be fair, easier!) I found one suit that did a great job on the padding round the knees on the vaultsuit but I can't find it again... drat!

One effort that blew me away is from SaccadianRythm. He did a great job on the belt and even made a paper PipBoy. Incidentally, I have one from the Survivor's Edition of Fallout 3, so I won't be making one of those! Maybe I'll mod it though because the clock stopped working loooong ago.

The thing that lets most of these costumes down is the front of the suit - the Fallout 3 suit has layers of panelling to add a very distinct cut and detail. I'm no seamstress, but if I wnat to up the bar, it looks like I had better get handy with a needle and thread.


No comments:

Post a Comment